The DevOps Leader course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a DevOps evolution requires new skills, tools, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders up, down and across an organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization.
The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
The course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for DevOps ways of working through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
This certification positions learners to successfully complete the DevOps Leader exam.
- Course Goals
- Course Agenda
Module 1: DevOps and Transformational Leadership
- Current Definitions of DevOps
- Benefits of DevOps
- Transformational Leadership
Module 2: Unlearning Behaviors
- Psychological Safety and Neuroscience
- Mindset, Mental Models and Cognitive Bias
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and DevOps
Module 3: Becoming a DevOps Organization
- How DevOps Differs
- DevOps Kaizen
- Building Safety In
Module 4: Measure to Learn
- Avoiding Measure to Target
- Creating a Current Value Stream Map
Module 5: Measure to Improve
- The Improvement Kata and Experiments
- Creating a Future Value Stream Map
Module 6: Target Operating Models and Organizational Design
- Conway’s Law
- DevOps TOM Design Principles
Module 7: Articulating and Socializing Vision
- Organizational Change in Large Enterprises
- Empowering People
- Broadcasting Outside of Your Organization
Module 8: Maintaining Energy and Momentum
- The DevOps Business Case
- Culture and Climate
- A High-Trust Culture
Additional Sources of Information
- Exam Requirements, Question Weighting, and Terminology List
- Sample Exam Review
Participants should have baseline knowledge and understanding of common DevOps definitions and principles.
This Course offer via e-learning, live online, public classroom and corporate onsite training